Monday, October 13, 2008
What was I thinking?
I learned a hard lesson last night. I put Audrey in nursery for the evening service because our good friends were the people assigned to be in there. I would never put her in nursery at this point otherwise, because she's still so young. Right before church started another person came in and asked about holding Audrey. I said that it was fine, because I figured they'd leave to attend the service. I told everyone in there that if Audrey woke up I need to come feed her, so I asked if they'd text Brad. I was antsy throughout the whole service because I knew it was past time for her to eat (if she was ready) and we hadn't had any contact. I sneaked out when Scott opened it up for questions and when I got down there, the same person was still holding Audrey, who was asleep. I remarked that I couldn't believe she was still asleep, and I was told, "Oh, she was hungry when she was awake, but I got her back to sleep." It was really hard for me not to express how upset I was. Why does my child have to go hungry because she is breastfed? If I would've had a bottle in her bag, she would've been fed, but because I want to feed her myself, she was deprived. She was very hard to console when I took her because she woke up immediately and of course was starving. Then she gulped down all this air because of her hunger and it was just a bad time. I balked on putting Samuel in the nursery when he was an infant because of this, and now I know that I am not putting Audrey back in there for a long time, and I will just have to leave in the middle of the service to feed her if needed, because apparently not everyone can be trusted. It made me so sad for my poor daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh no!! That sounds quite frustrating! :( I am really enjoying reading your blog as I prepared for mommy-hood..it's so helpful!
Post a Comment