Monday, October 13, 2008

Fun Family Weekend

After about 48 hours, I finally remembered what was supposed to be the other part of my earlier post - the speed at which time passes. Everyone always says that time goes by faster the older you get. I agree with that, but since having children, especially Audrey, it seems like even the minutes go by faster! I cannot believe how fast two or three hours go by now! I used to just notice the days and weeks and months going by faster but it's crazy now!

Anyway, we had big plans to go to garage sales early Saturday morning, but somehow the morning got away from us - when I looked at the clock, it was 8:27! I'm thankful Brad let me get some extra sleep in, though, because sleep deprivation is still hard to overcome, even though it's not as much sleep deprivation with Audrey as with Samuel. We did venture out to some garage sales in our area around 10 AM, but the ones we headed for first, that had the most hype and advertisement were a huge let down! We were sort of disillusioned, so we just picked some at random to check out, and we actually had some great finds! I never find anything for myself anymore, but I'd rather find stuff for the kids anyway!

We had a somewhat productive afternoon after we got home, too, which is pretty rare! Brad and I worked outside while Audrey slept in the bouncy seat, and Samuel "helped." Unfortunately, we discovered a yellow jacket nest after about an hour and came back in. I was not willing to put Samuel at risk just to get the backyard cleaner. We had a nice supper and watched some football and enjoyed the evening.

We always have the best of intentions on Sundays, but since last Sunday was just the first time we've actually made it to the morning service since Audrey came, I wasn't sure if Sunday School would be doable yet. It wasn't yesterday. We were awake plenty early, but it just takes so much longer to get ready with two children than it did with one! I know it took us longer when Samuel was first here, so I think we'll be okay once we get into a better routine. I think we had to go back upstairs to get stuff at least six times! We were also the latest to church we've ever been - by a large margin! I didn't think we'd even get to hear most of the sermon - I think we only missed a minute or two, though. I was disappointed that we missed most of the music, but it was mostly my fault. My hips are apparently much less inclined to shrink this time, so I have a harder time finding something to wear.

My grandparents are coming from Minnesota this week, so it should be an exciting one!

No comments: