I had a hard time watching the debate after the first 45 seconds, when Biden claimed that our current economic situation is the result of "8 years of the worst economic policies this country has ever seen" (my paraphrase). Anyway, am I the only person who learned in economics class (in high school and college) that it takes years and years for the full effect of changes in economic policies to be felt; i.e., maybe Clinton's policies just might have something do with the impending "collapse." I just get so sick of the Obama campaign's focus on "Bush is a failure, so vote for me!" I don't think Bush is as much of a failure as the media makes him out to be, and even if he is, he is not running for re-election, so that shouldn't be the main point! I am also a big believer that anytime the government gets more involved in anything, the end result will be worse than where we started. I think this is true in pretty much all areas of our lives - education, religion, the economy, etc... I just cannot believe how many Americans believe that further government involvement will improve anything! I do not want my freedoms taken away and my life legislated by the federal government! Biden said that Obama thinks the taxpayers should be considered investors in our government system - are you kidding me? I do not want to invest in further bureaucracy and waste! I also love how Biden corrected Sarah Palin and said that it is not "redistribution," it's "fairness." As if calling it something different changes what it is! Also, I have learned from being alive for the past 20+ years and was also taught by my mother that life is not fair! Do people not get that? I'm stopping my rant now, since it is just making me upset all over again, but I wanted to post the explanation of the different forms of government that Dear Abby gave a few years ago that I think are quite accurate:
COMMUNISM: You have two cows. The government takes both of them and gives you part of the milk.
SOCIALISM: You have two cows. The government takes one and gives it to your neighbor.
FASCISM: You have two cows. The government takes both cows and sells you the milk.
NAZISM: You have two cows. The government takes both your cows, then shoots you.
BUREAUCRACY: You have two cows. The government takes both of them, shoots one, milks the other, then pours the milk down the drain.
CAPITALISM: You have two cows. You sell one of them and buy a bull.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey! I just discovered your blog! I'm adding you to my collection! Can't wait to read about your further family adventures!
Post a Comment