Thursday, October 23, 2008

Family Visit

My grandparents left this morning, after being back from Florida since Tuesday evening. It was so nice to spend some time with them. I didn't go straight to my parents' house yesterday morning because when I did it last Thursday, I ended up watching the kids by myself while everyone else was doing something else, and it was quite a challenge. I stayed home for a while because it's a lot easier to reign Samuel in at our house. Anyway, he needed a nap badly, so we stopped at the thrift store after he woke up, on the way to my parents' house. After we got there, my grandma commented that they were disappointed that I didn't come over earlier (I got there around 3 PM). I told them that I wanted to come over earlier, but I figured I'd give them some time alone with my mom (their daughter), and Grandma was feeling very poorly from a bladder infection Tuesday evening, so I didn't want to add to her stress. Mom told me this morning that Grandma was feeling bad about our misunderstanding about me going over there yesterday, and it made me so sad I started crying. I wanted to go over there at 7 AM, when Samuel woke up, but I knew they probably wouldn't be up, since Grandma's sick, so I held off. I'm so sad about it because we hardly ever get to see each other, and by the time they come back, I'll be back at work and won't be able to spend very much time with them at all. I hate having to work so much, for so many more reasons than just that.

Brad worked longer hours the past two weeks so that he can have the day off tomorrow. We're going to go to the Great Pumpkin Patch after we have pictures done at the mall. We never did 18 month portraits for Samuel due to a variety of reasons, which I'm sad about now, but I want to get pictures of the kids and maybe all of us before Audrey gets too much older. We had a lot of fun at the pumpkin patch last year, so I hope it'll be enjoyable. It's supposed to be much cooler tomorrow than it was last year - we were downright hot and sweaty when we left last time! I hope Samuel enjoys himself.

On a totally different note, how hard is it to understand Plinko? I have the Price is Right on for Samuel to watch while eating a snack and I sit here and type. A girl just played Plinko and when she was trying to win the chips, she couldn't understand that the actual price either started with the first number of the wrong price or ended with the second number of the wrong price. I've seen people do this two other times. Drew Carey will say, "It either starts with a 1 or ends with a 5. What do you think?" The contestant will say, "It starts with a 5!" He explains it again, and then they'll say, "It ends with a 1!" At some point after he explains it again they'll get the point, but I just don't see what it's so hard. Maybe he doesn't explain the games as well as Bob Barker did.

No comments: