Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Think Twice

I've had lots of ideas for posts in the past few days, but no time to post them! Anyway, my title relates to the fact that I am going to think twice before ever telling anyone I have an "easy" child again! I finally had the nerve to share with some people at church this weekend that I think Audrey is closer to the definition of an "easy" baby than Samuel ever was. This impression grew from many parts of her personality, but mainly from the fact that she is a better sleeper at this age than he was at six or seven months! Anyway, I'm not superstitious, but maybe I should be, because Audrey has had some of her worst nights to date ever since I "bragged." I wasn't really boasting about it, I was just expressing how nice it was to have a child who slept! She's also been much more fussy, which is weird, because everything about her is more "mature" since the day she was born, and she seems to be having more problems with gas and such. I am praying that this is just a temporary thing, because it is very hard to function on this little sleep, especially with Samuel's high energy levels!

I cleaned off our screened-in porch on Saturday (it had a lot of pollen that had accumulated) and put some of Samuel's plastic toys out there and he's been having a ball playing out there every day. I try to let him go out when it's cooler, in the morning, and he just plays and plays. I haven't let him go out this morning yet, due to the rain, but I'm sure he'll be up to it as soon as I mention it!

We made it to the morning service at church finally this Sunday. I had contemplated going the week after she was born, but that wasn't really feasible, and the week after that was still a little too early. I kept her in her car seat when people were around, to avoid having to deny anyone the opportunity to hold her. I think people wanted to hold her, but I just feel like they should ask and not just expect me to hand her to them! Anyway, we even made it to the evening service, too, and she did fairly well both times.

People have been so generous in bringing us meals, and that has really helped, especially since Brad went back to work. He has the option of doing 4 longer days a week rather than 5 eight hour days, so I'm looking forward to when that starts. I'm still praying and hoping that something will work out and I won't have to go back to work, but I'm also trying to stay realistic. It's hard to think about, though. It makes me extremely sad.

No comments: