Sunday, September 28, 2008

Too Much Excitement

We had a good scare shortly after arising yesterday morning. I was getting dressed and Brad came in our room and while we were talking, we heard a loud bang/crash/thud noise from the kitchen and Audrey started screaming. We ran into the kitchen and Samuel had toppled the bassinet with her in it. Obviously she did not lose consciousness, which was the most important thing, and it seemed after a few minutes that she mainly started crying because she was scared. She had been sleeping soundly until Samuel entered the kitchen. Anyway, it scared Samuel, too, and he was sobbing, and of course I started sobbing as soon as I saw Audrey on the floor. Samuel "fell" out of our bed/I dropped him when I was feeding him in the middle of the night when he was exactly 8 weeks old, but those extra 6 weeks make a big difference in my mind. They probably do in reality, as well! Anyway, I really did not want to go to the emergency department with Audrey, which we did do with Samuel at the time, so we waited it out. Like I said, the fact that she didn't lose consciousness was the most important thing, and I know how to monitor for neurological dysfunction if things were to deteriorate. Praise the Lord they didn't.

Some of favorite cousins from my Mom's side of the family were visiting and we got to spend some time together on Friday night and yesterday. We learned to play a new game that my cousin Mark brought with him, and we introduced them to a new game that Joel bought for us for Christmas. We had a good time visiting and just enjoying making memories together. They make me miss living in Minnesota all the more. Brad enjoys playing basketball with them and discovered at this visit that Paul enjoys some of the same video games he does, so I suggested that maybe that could tip the scales in favor of us going up there permanently! :)

We made it to church for the evening service tonight, and I'm so glad we went. I was missing the fellowship and worship and pretty much everything. Samuel even seemed glad to be back, and he had a good time playing with his buddy Avery in nursery. Audrey didn't do as well as Samuel did at his first church service, but she didn't do too badly. I'm so thankful for our wonderful church family and the love they've shown us and our precious children.

No comments: