We had our first "major" family outing yesterday. Brad wanted to hit the mean streets of Alabaster for some errands, so we finally headed that way around 11:15, after coming back inside about 10 times for things I had forgotten! By the time we got to 459 I realized that I had forgotten my shopping list for Wal-Mart - great. Well, stunningly enough, I managed to remember every single item on it by the time we actually went shopping! Sadly, I forgot to actually get one of them, which would've been a big help - a fridge lock. Samuel figured out how to open the fridge and realized the existence of our central vacuum in the same night last week, and we've been struggling with him trying to get in the fridge ever since. I spent probably at least 1/2 hour shredding chicken the other night, and the next morning he got into the fridge anad dumped half of it on the floor - what a waste of time! Anyway, I hope I don't forget it again next time we go!
Our first stop was the Alabaster thrift store, where I always enjoy trying to find a gem or two for our family. I fed Audrey in the car when we first got there and Brad and Samuel went inside to look around - a car pulled up across from us and only the driver went in, and the lady in the backseat basically stared at me the entire time I was still in the car. I thought, "Go ahead, it's really not that interesting." I put Audrey in the sling, and I'm starting to think we should've gotten a bigger size, because even though the sling is an appropriate size for my non-pregnant, non-breastfeeding state, I did not have much room to accomodate little Audrey and I felt like she was being smushed the whole time. She definitely generated a lot of comments, though! Brad didn't really find anything before we went inside, but I managed to find a nearly complete Mr. Potato Head set for Samuel for $1.48 and later found an intact Playskool Popper for $1.98. I found three others with parts missing and another intact one for $2.98, but we got the best deal! We also found some other things we needed, like long pants for Samuel for this fall/winter, and Brad bought a Nintendo 64 for less than $10. We had a 10% off your entire purchase coupon from the Enjoy the City coupon book, so we saved even more! It was a good trip, overall.
We headed to the Colonial Promenade and Brad "ran in" to Game Stop while I sat in the car with a sleeping Samuel and wide awake girl. Samuel woke up as soon as we pulled into Full Moon, where we ate a good lunch. Audrey's first trip to Wal-Mart went smoothly as well, even though we have to use two shopping carts to complete our trips now (at least when both of us are there). We finally got a piece of plywood for Samuel's toddler bed, and he likes it at least in theory. Getting him to sleep on it is another issue.
We came home and had a fairly uneventful evening, and then Audrey actually slept for a 4 1/2 hour or so span! I couldn't believe it when I woke up at 1 AM and she had been asleep that entire time! She did really well with eating and sleeping last night - probably the best since our first night home, although we had a glitch around 3:45. I was changing her diaper and apparently she had been holding out for me to do so, because she sprayed me with a large amount of baby poop immediately when I removed her soiled diaper! I quickly woke Brad up to help, and she managed to pee all over herself and the bed before he could get the next diaper on her! I was literally covered in poop, so after getting her a little bit situated, I ran downstairs to soak the dirty clothes - I think that's the first time I've started a load of laundry at 4 AM! Nothing was still stained when I finished the load about an hour again. I'm definitely a little skittish about changing Audrey now! Quite a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like quite the adventure! :) Glad to see things are going well...funny story about the poopie, though I'm sure it wasn't funny for you. :)
Post a Comment