After making that quick post a few days ago, I've already come upon a few more things I cannot seem to prepare properly!
I attempt quiches every now and then and can almost never seem to get the eggs and milk/cream mixture to all fit in the crust! I think I may usually be a little too liberal with the rest of the filling. When I made one Saturday evening I was able to fit everything without much problem probably because I scaled the filling back. It also always takes longer for my quiches to bake, by at least 15, if not 30, minutes! I figured out, thanks to my birthday gift from Brad last year, that my oven does run a little cold, but I have since adjusted it accordingly, and it still takes so much longer than it should for "a knife inserted in the center to come out clean."
I also seem to have issues getting hash browns to actually brown. It always takes longer for them to do it than the recipe states and they're never as yummy and crispy as when my mom makes them!
Somehow I still enjoy cooking. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment