I left my previous position at Children's on January 16th and now am working part-time night shift on the oncology floor (where I worked before I went to the clinic). It's going all right so far, and I am getting so much more time with my precious ones, which was my goal. Night shift is a better shift as far as hospital environment goes, but obviously it's much more difficult on your body. I hate how zombie-like I feel when I'm trying to sleep during the day and feed Audrey when she's hungry, but I've been recovering from it without too much difficulty.
Audrey turned five months old on Valentine's Day. I can't believe how fast she's growing up! She's really started holding her own body weight well and I'm sure she'll be sitting up completely on her own very soon. Samuel's become such a great big brother, although he does have his moments!
Brad's birthday is coming up very quickly. I really would like to be able to go away somewhere by ourselves, just because we never get to be alone, especially with me working night shift, and I know we'd both benefit from a few days of relaxation and a break from routine. I don't see it happening, though, because it just seem frivolous right now, when I just went to part-time and we're trying to pay off our home equity loan before it is up in October. We shall see.
I wish I could think of something cute or interesting about the kids. One thing that comes to mind is how much Audrey adores Samuel. She laughs so hard whenever he's laughing while talking to her, and she follows him everywhere he goes (with her eyes at this point). I know it sounds crazy, since I have an infant, but seeing the two of them together makes me want to have more children! They're just so precious. Right now they're both asleep on our bed and it's so sweet. They are such incredible gifts from the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey!! Welcome back!!
I've been wondering where you have been!
I'm glad that you were able to change your work schedule around - that's awesome!
Good to hear from you again!
Post a Comment