It's crazy how having two kids can literally make you too busy to do some things, like post a blog! We've just been trying to get other things done and I actually haven't even spent very much time using a computer in the past week or so!
My title alludes to the day I had on Saturday. I was all motivated to paint Audrey's room and maybe the kitchen, too, but it was not to be. I started working on priming the walls in Audrey's room - it's a dark green right now and I'm aiming for white. I was interrupted several times to feed Audrey, since I'm the only one with the milk, and an unfortunate incident with Samuel removing his diaper put me even further behind. We finally got the kids calmed down and while Brad was working on the dirty dishes - I love that he does that! - he called me from Audrey's room and said that water was leaking from under the sink. We found quite a large pool/puddle and figured out that the pipe under the left side of the sink was dripping. When I started fiddling around with the pipes to see what was going on, the metal pipe (as opposed to the PVC pipe) literally broke in half! Long story short, I fixed it basically by myself! We obviously had to purchase the supplies, but I used a hacksaw to cut down the pipe and a channel lock wrench to loosen the pipe that broke and replace it with the new one. I was kind of proud of myself.
Back to Samuel and the diaper removal situation. He now knows how to work snaps, zippers, buttons and add to the list - diaper tabs! Saturday was a record - he completely removed all of his clothing and his diaper four separate times. A friend at church mentioned on Sunday while we discussing it that her nephew had a problem with that and his parents had to duct tape his diaper on him for a while. I would rather figure out some way to get Samuel potty trained, but he doesn't seem at all interested. I know he would understand, but I guess I also feel like I don't have enough time to devote to it right now - not that I will once I go back to work in less than 3 weeks - yuck. That's a whole nother issue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow. I didn't know that your plumbing work involved all of that (using a hacksaw to shorten the pipe)! I'm impressed.
Maybe you'll be greeted one day in your driveway by a presidential candidate and he'll make a very revealing comment that the media will completely cover over and then his goons and willing accomplices will dig up any dirt they can find on you in governmental records, using government resources, and smear you as a deplorable individual for daring to ask a good question.
I hope your "plumbing" exploits don't go that far.
"I actually haven't even spent very much time using a computer in the past week or so"
I find it refreshing to somewhat "unplug" at times... but under the conditions you mentioned, it likely wasn't a relaxing break.
Post a Comment