Wednesday, November 19, 2008

If I could only have gotten a picture!

I did a risky thing today and took a shower after Samuel woke up. I have been extremely exhausted this week for some reason and just couldn't convince myself to get up. The fact that he woke up at 6 AM didn't make it any easier to beat him to the punch. Anyway, I jumped in the shower while Audrey was lying in the boppy on our bed (a no-no, I know) and Samuel was playing in his room. I told him to leave her alone, but hurried nonetheless. Right when I was finishing up, I saw him bring a diaper I had changed earlier into our bathroom, and he made the cute sound he makes whenever anyone toots or Audrey has a poopy diaper. I asked him what he was doing, but he ran out before answering. I heard the wipes container fall off of the table as I was getting out, and when I finally got my glasses on, Samuel was standing on the edge of our bed (balancing on about a 1/2 inch "ledge") and Audrey was almost completely undressed and he had pulled her way off of the boppy. He is fascinated with snaps, as I've previously mentioned, and I thought maybe he had just unsnapped her sleeper. Further investigation revealed that she had apparently pooped while I was in the shower (something she only does about every other day or more) and it had leaked, and he was changing her diaper himself! Some of the poop ended up on the bed, but I couldn't help but laugh/be proud of him. He pays so much attention to what we do! He had even tried to wipe her clean, and he did a pretty good job! I got her cleaned up the rest of the way and washed my hands and he came over to wash his, too. Brad said he thought he might cry when I told him about it. What a good helper!

2 comments:

Greta said...

First time commenting..

that is huh-larious.

Rachel said...

Wow - that's pretty incredible!!! Good job, Samuel!